Monday, September 15, 2008
Vast Countryside
My mom and I are taking a road trip across the beautiful United States. To keep ourselves sane, we've listened to Harry Potter on CD, sung along to Neil Diamond's Coming to America, and asked each other provoking road trip questions like: "What's your favorite thing that starts with an M?" Don't you just love America's vast countryside?
Sometimes I try to experience the US as I would if I were visiting a foreign country. I notice small details with more curiosity and everything is extremely fascinating. On Thursday, we stopped in the town of Guthenburg, Nebraska. What's so great about Guthenburg? Well, it's home of this old Pony Express station.
With the Pony Express, a letter could travel from Missouri to California in 10 days. The Pony Express only operated for 18 mos until the railroad completely obliterated its purpose to deliver fast mail. Thought you might be interested=)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yahoo!!! Gotta love road trips...we love that we're the last stop on your trip. We're counting down the days!
Gl you're enjoying it! That's a loooong drive, but it was so good to see you both, even it was for such a short time!
I love that you are touring the US! I've always wanted to do that! You're awesome Tammy. Hey, so I have a question. Is it totally impossible to get a job at any museum without having a graduate degree? My degree was Humanities: Art History and I really want to work at a museum. Just let me know what you think. :)
Post a Comment