Thursday, June 26, 2008

What does it take to be a damsel in distress around here?

Picture this: A stranded girl on the side of the road in broad daylight in the middle of a canyon without any phone reception wearing heels and a skirt and oh, I almost forgot to mention her arms are desperately flailing in the air. Ok, I confess. This was me...today. A dozen or more beefy trucks passed me by and one kind gentleman even waved back at me. How helpful.

This morning I was on my way to an interview in Eastern Utah with plenty of time. My car started to feel a little funny and I heard a clank on the ground. My first thought was, "Oh no, my engine fell out!", which shows how much I know about cars.

Thank goodness a kind young man stopped for me and diagnosed that it was my muffler. When I told him I had to really hurry for an interview he offered me a ride into town. Only problem? I didn't have a ride back to my car. Thankfully, I went to the nearest institute and made some friends later that evening who gave me a ride back. All is well, I just have a really, really noisy car.

Any ideas what it should cost me to get it all put back together?

1 comment:

Allison said...

Tammy, I don't have any answers about your car, but you are so funny! And brave! You have some crazy adventures girlie. I'm proud of you for pressing forward!

We have a car place we really like nearby if you want a reference.