Friday, February 6, 2009

Paintbrush Scroll

I love quick and easy projects that make me feel productive. From conception to completion this project took less than 24 hours. Actually, within a total of four hours or so I made two! When I get into a project, it nearly consumes me until it's finished. This project was no different. I was so excited, that I couldn't even take the time to change the thread on the sewing machine from white to pink on the first scroll. (I carefully photographed these pictures so you wouldn't notice blatant sewing no-no's.)


Look! A snug place for my knitting needles. No more needles stabbing through bags, falling off of my shelf one by one, or rolling aimlessly across my desk.

I made one to hold my knitting needles, and one for my paintbrushes, but alas my paintbrushes are at home, so I photographed both with knitting needles.

(Can you see the threads I haven't had the patience to cut off yet, because I am too busy enjoying the end product?)

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Those are gorgeous! I love it! Did you come up with the idea yourself or were you following a pattern?

Gina said...

Holy cuteness!

Holly said...

I love them! I would love a pattern if you are willing to share!

Jamie said...

Wow---those are beautiful! How fun!

M said...

That is so incredibly cute! Your so talented!

Lindsay Mecham said...

Very cute and very good idea! I might just have to steal the idea for my needles!! hehe.

Have a nice day! <3

Allison said...

So cute, Tammy! And if you happen to use brushes and pencils to do your makeup, great way to store those too :)

Miss u girl!

Allison said...

BTW--great post on BYU. I think I took the "excited freshman picture" and the on with you and the shopping cart in front of the creamery. And I'm pretty sure that picture was taken the day we went to the Llama Fest with Jake and Emir--or else you were wearing a very similar outfit :)

Bryce said...

Hmmmm, well...yes, maybe...ah ha! Is that a blatant sewing no-no I see!? Just kidding, good job :-)

I like how "non-perfectionist" is one of your blog's labels. Too funny!

kristen kathleen said...

Tammy!!! This post is brilliant!! I definitely need you to tell me how you did this. I still don't have a suitable "home" for my paintbrushes and it's driving me crazy. Thanks to the incredible brilliance and creativity of others, such as yourself, there is still hope. =) Hope you are well!!!

Rayleen said...

I love it! Good job!