Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 to 4 tablespoons broth (I call it the juice) from the chickpeas
2 to 3 tablespoons sesame tahini
Blend in a food processor until smooth.
4 comments:
While eating hummus from the salad bar at Jason's deli on Tues, I wondered if they would let me fill a tub - a BIG tub - with it and bring it home to enjoy. I have been craving hummus and need to try your recipe. I am excited!
I love your red bell pepper hummus. I make it all the time! and in fact, I took a picture of it once so that you could use it on your blog. hahaha. I'll have to try this one--but I just love those roasted red bell peps
i LOVE hummus. Sadly, I can no longer eat chickpeas!! I wonder if this would work with northern beans. It would lack the amazing chickpea flavor, but maybe it would work. What do you think?
Ironically my word verification word was "foodig." Tammy, I dig your food recipes. :)
Post a Comment