Graduating is so much fun. It almost makes you want to go back to college and do it all over again...or maybe get another degree. Everyone is dressed up, donned in strange robes and weird hats, and yet we call it tradition. The craziest part about the day is that it snowed! Yesterday it was so hot we were sweating.
I had a lot of fans! My cousins, grandma, aunt, uncle, and friends braved the crazy snow and came to my graduation. It meant so much to me that they were all there sharing this moment.
My roommate Nikki and I were lucky to be nearly first in line at the processional and we sat so close to President Samuelson and Elder Bednar.
Elder Bednar spoke about learning to love learning. My favorite part was when he talked about how we will need to use our skills of learning how to learn when unexpected things come up in life specifically technology. So often we shy away from technology thinking it is evil, frustrating, or frightening. But, with our confidence that we can learn how to learn technology we are readily equipped with some of the best tools of communication. He also reminded us that even prophets don't know all the answers. Case in point: Nephi the Book of Mormon Prophet who was taught how to build a boat. The Lord expects us to use our skills and our ability to learn how to learn to make miracles happen.
More fun graduation pictures:


5 comments:
Yay! You are the most beautiful college grad ever! You make me wich I went to graduation! But oh well, I guess I can imagine what it would have been like. And I am sure that the speaker would not have been as inspiring as Elder Bednar! I am so happy for you and so excited for your new phase of life. You are just the best! Congrats!!!
You look beautiful Tammy! I'm glad it was a special day with so many relatives to be there to support you.
Congrats again, Tammy. Glad we could share the day with you!
Congratulations Tammy! What an accomplishment. We wish we could have been there to share the day with you. Thanks for posting pics so we can kind of be a part of it!
So, Tammy. You don't know me. And I don't know you. And I hope this doesn't weird you out, but I've been reading your blog a bit since your sister mentioned it on hers (I don't really know her either, but I DO know Kirtis from my ward in VA growing up). Anyway, I just wanted to say that I think you're pretty cool. Had we known each other at BYU, I think we would have been really good friends. :)
Post a Comment