Monday, May 19, 2008

My Sweet Dad
























My father passed away yesterday at 8:06 am. At this time, so many memories come to mind. It seems like every corner of this house and this city has a thousand memories attached. I am in the process of recording many of these stories. Here is one I remembered this morning:

Dad always enjoyed sports, but baseball was his favorite. I remember one day when I was in high school and dad came home for work. In a solemn tone he said to me, “Oh, Tammy, I have some sad news” expecting the worst I waited for the rest. He continued, “the Astros lost again!” He always rooted for the Astros, even when they were the worst team in the league.

3 comments:

Allison said...

I only got to meet your dad one time. Your parents were visiting when we were freshman, and I remember going out the back dorm door of Taylor Hall to meet them. Your dad gave me the sweetest hug, and I remember being so happy because I missed my own dad and it was so nice to be hugged by a dad--especially yours because he is so loving.

Cristina said...

Tammy, I just wanted to tell you I love you and that you and your family will be in my prayers.
Love, Cristina Harris

Chelsea and Cody said...

I just recently got your email, Tammy. I want you to know that I love you so much. I know that you loved your dad and when I lived with you he was constantly spoken of with love. I am sure this is such a hard time for you, but I also know how strong you are! I truly believe that "you can do hard things". I love you and I am thinking of you.