Tuesday, July 22, 2008

To trust or not to trust....

Thanks to Apex parking, I learned an important lesson this weekend. After spending four years of my sheltered life in Provo, I learned to trust everyone. This past weekend, I parked at Apex, paid a man at the lot for parking, and then went to my conference down the street. I was so proud of myself for saving $7. When I returned, my car was gone.

The man who took my money was not an Apex parking manager--he just stands at the lots convincing people to pay him and puts the money in his own pocket. So, to Apex parking it appeared that I parked in their lot illegally and they towed my car. Two hours and $191.39 later (they only accept exact change in cash) and thanks to a wonderful mother, I was on my way.

The expensive lesson I learned was to be more skeptical, less trustworthy. For goodness sakes, not everyone is interested in my well being or happiness.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Too bad! But kind of funny in retrospect? Maybe not yet. I am a lot like you too!

Heidi said...

Wow, what a story! When I was first reading it I thought you were going to say that the guy stole your car. I was relieved to hear that it was towed. =)

Be You Movies said...

Tammy, I am so sorry that some scoundrel did that to you! He must not have had any idea of how wonderful you are or he would never have been able to bring himself to swindle you!