Thursday, July 17, 2008

Visitor Studies Conference

I received a student scholarship to attend attend the Visitor Studies Association conference within the museum field. I am meeting wonderful people and making a lot of connections. Last night we had a progressive dinner at a few of the area museums. During our dinner amidst fine art paintings in an exhibit, modern dancers performed in and out of our tables. I was in heaven. Later that evening, we headed over to the Houston Museum of Natural Science for dessert and danced under the dinosaurs. Yes...of course I danced. A few of us stayed for a "flashlight tour" of the museum. We saw a great exhibit featuring some of their fabulous geodes.

There are a lot of accomplished people attending the conference. I am more than happy to converse with people who keep me on my toes discussing the latest in theory, practice, and ethics.

2 comments:

JaNae said...

That sounds so fun! I haven't seen "Night at the Museum" yet but your flashlight tour made me think of it. Did anything come to life?!?

Allison said...

Wow, that sounds like an AWESOME conference! I am so glad you get to be there. You say there are a lot of people there you feel grateful to converse with--they can't realize how lucky they are to share the experience with YOU my dear!