I've been asked by several readers if I used a pattern for my paintbrush scroll. Unfortunately, I am not disciplined enough to follow patterns. Which most of the time I see as a strength, but in some cases it can be a weakness. Anyway, I'll give quick directions for the scroll. FYI, this scroll is meant for a combination of lot of really long and short handled brushes. Just make it smaller if your paintbrushes are generally shorter, or if you have fewer.
1. Start with a combination of fabric that equals roughly 19" width and 27" height. Finish all the edges of the material.
3. Fold fabric as big as you want the size of the overall "pocket" to be. Sew wrong sides together on the edges, leaving the top edge open and the bottom edge is made by the fold. (If you want a ribbon to tie the scroll together, be sure to sew it in on the left edge at this point.) Turn the piece inside out so the right sides are showing.
4. Draw the pocket sizes for the paintbrushes. (I sew 15-20 pockets across.) Sew vertical lines to create a spot for each brush.* For shorter brushes, sew a horizontal line at the bottom to create smaller spots. For my knitting scroll, I used this unused space to create a larger pocket to odd shaped items like place holders etc.
5. Finished size should be a about 18" width and 15" height. Put your brushes in your pockets and enjoy your new carrying case!
I hope this is clear. If you have questions, let me know!
*Just so you know, the sewn lines are showing on the outside of the scroll, which I am cool with. If you aren't cool with this...you'll have to figure out a different pattern =)
1 comment:
Holy Moses, Tammy! You're a hardcore knitter/seamstress!!!
Post a Comment