Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Fun

Last week my immediate family got together to enjoy good weather, good food, and good company. My mom found a charming lake house which snugly fit us all and proved to be a great home base for us during the week. I loved spending time with all my little nieces and nephews (9 in total) who made me laugh, and proved to be fantastic company.

One of the days we went to a nearby county fair and we all ordered food from the vendors. I got a BBQ sandwich that desprately needed some sort of sauce. I noticed my nephew's ketchup and swiped some of his. He said to me, "Don't! You're gonna clean me out!" He's four.

The Fam.

Our lake home (for the week).

Our family flag.




2 comments:

sheriee staub said...

I have heard wonderful things about your trip, and what a fun family you all are (of course, we already knew this). Your mom had a great time. Looks fun and what a great looking bunch!!! Your dad must be so proud:)
We love you all - Vern and Sheriee

melbel said...

Awe, how fun is that! I love your family picture...my how your family is growing. And the family flag? What a good idea. Did you have a theme to go along with your reunion this year?

By the way, I meant to reply to your email, but CONGRATS on the job. I am sooooo excited for you and I'm happy to see you getting the break you deserve. Of course I never doubted your success, but it's nice knowing great things are coming your way!