Friday, August 8, 2008

Leaving my Mark: Reflections on a BYU Education

As a recent grad, I have been reflecting back on my BYU education. I will always treasure classes like Writing About Food, Anthropology of Development, and Print Publications. I think one of the most poignant and shaping experiences I had at BYU was working at BYU's Museum of Peoples and Cultures (pictured above).Through my job, I developed my strong passion for the museum field. I learned how to work on a cooperative team, take criticism, and use my creativity to problem solve. Surprisingly, what I did at the museum reached beyond my small circles and made it into an article in the summer issue of the BYU Magazine. I feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful education both in and out of the classroom.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I think we can say that BYU is a better place because you were there. You often expressed graditude for your BYU experience and the impact for good that it has had in your life. Your work at the museum has been a great way for you to say, "Thank You, BYU."

Rhonda said...

Tammy, this article was so impressive and highlighted your work well. I LOVE the picture. I am just so proud of my little sis! My in-laws have been sending around emails about how you are in the BYU magazine. They have commented on how impressive, creative and talented you must be. They are right! Sure love ya and miss ya!

Heidi said...

I'd say the mark you left on the MPC is currently more of a bleeding hole that misses you desperately! Ok that was over dramatic, but I miss you like crazy!

I love the picture of you in that article. It's absolute gorgeous!

Allison said...

That article is great! And I agree with everyone else about the picture it's beautiful, and it really captures your beauty and your depth. How neat that someone in a position to spread the word recognized the impact you've had on others. I feel very honored to be your friend.

Be You Movies said...

So proud of you! What a beautiful picture too! There is so much depth in your eyes. You really were amazing at what you did, and will be in the future too!