Friday, August 15, 2008

Singapore Inc.

I have a friend who called this city "Singapore Incorporated" because the island is practically just one giant mall. My purchases here in Singapore have followed a trend of vibrancy and color.

I like how this necklace has a variety of shapes and bright colors, yet carries a cool tone throughout. Purchased in Singapore’s “Little India”.


I was attracted to this bracelet because of the strong contrast between the red and the blue stones. Purchased in Singapore’s Chinatown.

I was all by myself when I stopped by a Nepalese shop. Undecided on a purchase, I asked the shop keeper, a young man a little older than me, whether he liked the brown or the green skirt better. He looked at me and said, “I like green better. It match your sandals” It was true. I then held the skirt up to my waist and asked, “Do you think it will fit?” He looked me over for a minute and then said, “You skinny, but have wide hips. But, it’s OK. Boys like wide hips.” Thank you, sir. I’ll take it as a compliment.

The vibrant stripes on this skirt are what first caught my eye. Purchased in Singapore’s Chinatown.



3 comments:

Rhonda said...

That jewelry is awesome! And your pics of them are amazing. I think your hips are darling!

M said...

The jewelry is really pretty. I love the colors. And your skirt story is so funny! Guys and the way they think....Oh my!!

Sharon said...

Hi Tammy,
your mom is teaching me some new computer skills.So I am trying out the comment part of your blog. I love reading about your adventures.
Your mom and I like the necklace you bought, what did you pay for it? It looks like you are having a great time.
Love, Aunt Sharon