Sunday, August 17, 2008

Museum Treasures


I loved visiting the SAM (Singapore Art Museum). While I walked around, a security guard named Anan caught my eye and asked me how I was enjoying the Museum. He proceeded to tell me that he is actually a body guard for one of the most expensive paintings in Asia. His job is to stand by the painting all day everyday. No wonder he wanted to make conversation!

My favorite Museum, by far, was the Asian Civilizations Museum which (much to my delight) had an entire Southeast Asia exhibit. An entire case was devoted to the Hmong.

One evening I went to explore The National Museum of Singapore. The best part was meeting three Irish guys who were visiting Singapore. We quickly entered into a conversation about religion. I explained what it meant to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They peppered me with questions asking, "Really, you can't do that either?" We had a lot of fun talking about our different beliefs. I was the first Mormon they had ever met, so we took our picture together!

3 comments:

M said...

I like this blog. I can't believe they had never met a Mormon before. It's a good thing you were their first!!

Nancy said...

What a little missionary you are!! 3 to 1, way to be in the minority! Fun, Fun, it sounds like you are having a blast out there! xxx

Allison said...

I love all the pictures, Tammy! What awesome adventures you are having! You are so brave wonderful to tell those Irish guys what's up with us LDS people. I miss you girlie!