
Mom and I stopped in Chicago on our eastward bound journey. I really wanted to rely solely on public transportation because I love to learn and explore new cities on foot. Mom must have great luck because the entire day was perfect (partially thanks to Rhonda's advice in the city). Our goals for our day in Chicago: hit up a few museums, ride in a taxi, and take a boat tour of the Chicago River. We had a tear-proof, water-proof map that led the way. I love maps.

Because I am a member of the American Association of Museums, both my mom and I got into the
Field Museum and the
Art Institute of Chicago (home of
American Gothic and Edward Hopper's
Night Hawks, for free!

In the evening, we walked down up and down North Quay until we boarded our Architecture Boat Tour down the Chicago River. We gained insight into the architectural styles and history of many downtown's biggest and most interesting buildings. Then, at the end of the day, we rode a taxi to Union Station to catch a train back to our hotel. Mission accomplished.
4 comments:
I am jealous. I'm so glad you guys chose to stop in Chicago and that you got to go to those museums for free. I love AAM!
If you love maps then you'll love
http://strangemaps.wordpress.com/
Enjoy.
I love seeing museums with Tammy. Althought she is so artsy, she doesn't have to see everything in the building and she doesn't have to stand and stare at the famous paintings forever. It is kind of a drive-by method of museuming.
Is Ohio included in your trip??? I'd love to see you!
Post a Comment